Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Guest Post: Life with My Pollitos


Hola A Creative Princess readers. My name is Sapphire and I'm over from my lil corner in the blog-o-sphere, Life with My Pollitos. I

ramble blog a bit about mama-hood, crafts, recipes, my Latino culture & everything else in between.


I'm honored to be guest posting for Terri. She's one of my favorite craft bloggers. I happen to love all of her re-purpose crafts. She totally thinks out of the box.

 
Today, I would love to share with you an obsession of mine. Wreaths! Yes, I adore looking at and making wreaths. Who knew! Since joining Pinterest last summer, I've pinned over 78 wreaths, and have re-created several here, here, here and here. Making them is almost like a mommy time-out for me, and the big bonus is that they make my front door welcoming. Now what you may encounter inside is a different story. I, kid! I, kid!

With Summer right around the corner, I'd like to show you a fun and colorful wreath that I recently created. Perfect for a luau this, Cocktail Umbrella Wreath will make anyone smile. Plus it is sooooooo easy to make.

What you'll need:
  • Straw wreath
  • Cocktail Umbrellas (Learn from my mistake & go straight to Party City, that is if you have one in your area.)
  • Ribbon of your choice
  • 2 greening pins or something similar

What to do:
  • Keep your straw wreath wrapped in plastic
  • Open your little parasols & stick them into the wreath, until totally covered.
  • Cut your ribbon to the size you desire, pin it to the back of the wreath, using the greening pins
Now how easy was that?!? And in no time you'll have something similar to this cutie...


I hope I've inspired you a bit today. Please feel free to stop on over to my neck of the woods for other interesting reads. You can also find me on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks for having me, Terri!


 


Thank you so much, Sapphire! Now I've got to confess something. I ask Sapphire to do this tutorial because I absolutely adore it!! How perfect for summer!

1 comment:

Cranberry Morning said...

That is VERY cute, Sapphire. How summery and cheery! :-)