Monday, May 21, 2012

Guest Post: Bacon Time with the Hungry Hungry Hypo




Hi, it's me Mindie from Bacon Time with the Hungry Hungry Hypo. I am here to make a confession.  I own many cookbooks, and have even been published in one, yet I almost never prepare recipes straight from a cookbook.  I tend to enjoy throwing meals together from the bounty found in my pantry.  I like to create recipes on the fly.  Every so often one of those quick fix last minute pantry raid meals turns out to be amazing.  The recipe I am sharing with you today is just one of those recipes.  I raided my pantry, trying to make dinner on a small budget and in a short amount of time.  This recipe is not only quick but uber delicious.  

Ingredients:
Serves 4 to 5 people

12.5 ounces of fully cooked and chopped chicken (or 1 large can of cooked chicken)
             4 ounces of chopped fire roasted green chilies  (or 1 small can of fire roasted chilies)
1 can (10 ounces) of mild green chile enchilada sauce 
1 can (15.25 ounces) of yellow corn, no salt added, drained
8 ounces of light sour cream
1 cup of shredded cheese (I used taco blend cheese)
1 box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1 egg (for muffin mix)
1/3 cup of milk (for muffin mix)

Optional: Before serving top with more sour cream. Serve hot sauce on the side. Garnish with chopped green onion or cilantro.


Directions:

In a large casserole dish, greased or sprayed with non stick butter flavored spray, mix your chicken, chilies, enchilada sauce, corn, and sour cream together. Top with your shredded cheese. Then pour your corn muffin mix batter that you have already prepared over the top.  Bake in a preheated 400 F degree oven for 20 minutes or until corn bread crust is done in center. 

Step 1 mix first five ingredients together.


Step 2 top with shredded cheese.


Step 3 top with your corn bread muffin mix batter, bake and enjoy.


This is one of those recipes that will surprise you with how good it is, yet it is so easy and affordable to prepare. Thanks for letting me spend some time with you all today.  I hope you will give this recipe a try, I know you won't regret it. 



Thank you, Mindie!

I can tell everyone that this recipe is awesome! I fixed it after Mindie sent me this post!


Pin It

3 comments:

Heather said...

This looks so yummy! I'm going to have to try it for my family.

Mindie Hilton said...

Oh my if I do say so myself, seeing these pics makes me hungry for it again. I am so glad you loved it Terri. I just posted a quick shout out for today, telling folks to come check out my recipe at ACP. Hope all is well.

Mindie Hilton said...

Pinned :)