Monday, March 19, 2012

Little Lamb for Easter

You all knew it was coming, didn't you? I mean really, what would a holiday be around here without an empty liquor bottle?



For those of you who might be new here, I am not a lush! I have a friend who bartends at the Lodge where Greg belongs and she saves me wine corks and empty fun and unusual bottles. At least that's my story...and I'm sticking to it!




This was such a cute little bottle, I don't remember what it was, but anyway, I painted it white.




I made some ears with white felt and stuffed and trimmed the edges.




I used hot glue to glue the ears over the top and the buttons for eyes and nose. I drew the mouth on with a paint pen (love those things!).

Okay, now I'll confess and tell the truth. She started out being a bunny, but when she was all done, she looked more like a lamb to me.

So....




a little Easter lamb she is!!

I'll be linking to these fabulous parties.



Pin It

13 comments:

Terry said...

Oh that's funny. She looks like a lovely lamb and you wouldn't have had to reveal your secret. :)

Kate said...

That's sweet, Terri, you've got a good imagination!

Cranberry Morning said...

Cute, Terri! Exactly how many corks do you own??? lol Love the little lamb. And yes, I think it looks more like a lamb.

Jill said...

Gorgeous little Easter lamb Terri!! So cute!


Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

SusieQTpies said...

Terri this is adorable! We love it and your bow! If you have time, we'd LOVE for you to please stop over and link up this post and any of your other post with ribbon into our National Craft Month Ribbon & Bow Link Party for March http://bowdabrablog.com/2012/03/14/bowdabra-celebrates-national-craft-month-with-a-linky-party/

We are now following your pins on Pinterest.

Have a great week, Susie at Bowdabra

D @ The Shady Porch said...

Aww, that is so cute! Very creative. Nice friend to have...supplying corks and bottles!

Danni Baird @ Silo Hill Farm said...

That is adorable! I love lambs almost as much as bunnies! Nice job!

Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple said...

I love this!! I'm going to feature you on Sunday!

Christine said...

My goodness!!! This is a GREAT way to re-use a bottle!! The bunny is just ADORABLE!!

I hope you'll come share this (and any other of your creations) at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

http://thediydreamer.blogspot.ca/2012/03/from-dream-to-reality-linky-party-9.html

Terry said...

Too cute - thanks for sharing at our party this week.

Julie said...

I am inviting you to come and be part of my blog hop:
http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/03/seafood-crab-salad-show-your-stuff-17.html

The Answer Is Chocolate said...

A-dorable! There are some incredible bottles out there and I love the shape of this one. Great idea!

Ag.perdew said...

Love that! I am collecting liquor bottles, and who woulda thought. Thanks for inspiring me further.