Monday, December 12, 2011

Paperback Book Snowman

I really didn't know if this was going to work or not, but it did!



I guess I should tell you the snowman was a success but the star I tried to do ended up in the trash.



I marked the outline of a snowman on the first page and then started cutting away. Someone who can actually draw would probably have made a better shape, but that's as good as I get.



I also cut the shape in the cover of the book...



and then hot glued them together.



First I held my breath to see if he would stand by himself and that he resembled some sort of snowman, then I sprayed him with white glitter paint.



That's what I used for the hat and yes, Greg bought me one of those awesome coffee machines. I'm thinking it's probably the best thing ever invented!



Paint the k-cup black, add a ribbon, and glue it to felt and you're good to go.



I found some little twigs in the backyard and glued them between a couple of pages and added another ribbon for the scarf.

I kind of like him without a face, but you could always add buttons for eyes and orange cardstock for the carrot nose.

Have a great week! I'm going to be sewing my "you know what" off this week trying to get everything done that I want to make the family for Christmas. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Kathleen said...

Terri, that is so cute! What a great idea. I think he is adorable.

Diane said...

That is one very cool idea with snowman.. Love it

Diane @ Can Do It MOM

Whitney Reed Cypert@Keeping Up with the Cyperts said...

Aren't Keurig's the best!? My husband has one and uses it everyday. His is a bit worn down so I am thinking a new one for Christmas! The snowman is cute!!

Ginger Zuck said...

Too cute!!

Terry said...

This turned out so adorable. I like him without a face too and who would have thought to use the K-cup for a hat!! (Gotta love those Keurig's - it's the only way I can make a decent cup of coffee, lol).

odetoinspiration said...

Oh I love love this!! Pinning it! Thanks for sharing:D

Denyse@Crazy Beautiful Life said...

This is the cutest craft idea, ever!!! I better stop throwing my k-cups away...I would love for you to share it at my "10 Days til Christmas" Linky party...

http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2011/12/10-days-til-christmas.html

www.mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/
www.facebook.com/MyCrazyBeautifulLife.13
www.pinterest.com/denyse13/